Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bishop Marino Inong's Tribute

TRIBUTE TO BISHOP JUAN ABELLERA MARIGZA

BISHOP EMERITUS – UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST IN THE PHILIPPINES

What a joy to know and, later, worked with a fellow who is compassionate and father to the younger church workers like me. He is Rev. Juan A. Marigza. I have known him in the early years of my ministry. I cannot say enough appreciation for the thorough manner he serves the Church in his capacity as ecclesiastical leader, Bishop of the Church. I have the opportunity to work with him directly when he was re-appointed as North Luzon Jurisdictional Area Bishop after the resignation of the former bishop. I was appointed also a NLJ Program Coordinator at the same time.

I am pleased to say that working with Bishop Marigza is empowering and enabling for the manners he reminds un of our responsibilities. Many people say, “believing is seeing,” but to me “seeing is believing.” The way he demonstrated his faith into practice is indeed a kind of Church worker I want to emulate.

It has been a privilege for me to represent him at several conference events, ecumenical activities and in giving keynote and anniversary messages. I bow my head to him for that trust and confidence.

A very sincere thanks to Bishop Marigza! May your journey in you ministry become a never ending inspiration to other young and budding workers of the United Church of Christ in the Philippines. May your life and ministry continue to lead others to a closer walk with Christ.


Bishop Mar IB. Inong

Northern Luzon Jurisdiction Area

UCCP

No comments: